welcome to my home

I want all of you to feel just like home whenever you enter my page, so enjoy your 'feels like home' in here and free to drop comments

A Glimpse on The Party of Democracy

Apr 10, 2009


I caught a glimpse of morning today,
As a judgment day it is.. people are partying for the birth of young-spirited democracy, a so called freedom in looser chain.

Some people are pretty certain,
as they enter the voting-chambers and tick for their votes while many others had lost their votes over a skip in database, and the rest from estimated 2 million eligible-to-vote citizens chose to be non-voters. While I admit that I had had the slightest thought to devote myself as non-voter -- I vote!

A friend of mine, if i may quote him, saying
"Certainly, I'm proud for becoming a part of Indonesian's important moment, coz even one vote can determine this nation's fate for the next 5 years.. but i think it was more complicated, considering many political party's existence. And you?"

And me..
"It's not only complicated bcoz of the numerous parties, but also the unfriendly voting-system :D and then, for all that much confusion they provide citizens only several hours to vote.. whats that? this proven the unpreparedness of our election -- that makes me even think abt whats happening next at the presidential election.. though proud to say, we came in peace.. and that's a good sign for young-born democracy :) "

Yes I vote,
After a long queue.. I was called to enter the lines and there in the voting-chamber spending 5mins time figuring who are these guys, their faces and names are barely familiar.. It took me quite a pause before sampling to most decent way of giving my voice to the better-fate of my beloved country.. Sadly, I could probably feel much better not to vote (hehehe..).

But I also respect those who don't..
People who had lost their appetite in entering democracy field as it's never gotten any better by times. People who think that they might as well lose their voices coz submitting them arent really representing what tickling their hearts for so long.. There has been too much disappointment and devastation.

What I see today from that glimpse..
Is whether we choose for future change or continuation of what's on track.. Am not the one bragging about knowing how to run the country thru picturesque promises or one who simply down to earth yet unsuccessful in bridging the gap with feasible ideas. I am one who see the future with my own eyes, I see people, and they deserve this freedom to vote.. nevertheless to be non-voters.

Let's face this young-aged democracy,
learn as we learn how to drive and hit some time.. embrace as we experience kisses for free-spirited lovers.. break as we are hurt by denouncement, and live again as babies are born to the world with hopes by seeing smiling-welcoming faces.

Let's be proud of ourselves and what we have chosen to take our step into today enliven the party of democracy:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment