welcome to my home

I want all of you to feel just like home whenever you enter my page, so enjoy your 'feels like home' in here and free to drop comments

C'est Normal

Jun 19, 2008


At some point, it’s not an easy job to distinct normality.

I say he’s normal… just like any other kids I get acquainted up to today. But as I spent less than 5mins with him, he’s so far from normal.

His eyes… his face… his acknowledgment to the surrounding class… I looked up at my host-mother, Hillary, and found the same feeling in her eyes as she chatted with all these kids in a messy classroom. As much, this isn’t a normal school for anyone would care.

The feeling kept me distanced from those cheerful pupils running about the room, as I took their pictures… it speaks for itself and I was stunned!

What’s normal?

Is it the approved condition that we’re running daily? Is it something agreed by majority? Which makes few who don’t are deviants. Is falling different a sin? Does born disabled make you different?

What if we are… what if the whole world are different… one is accustomed to eat using hand, while others prefer spoon and fork yet another is used to chopstick. But is it truly different? Alas, we’re all having a meal course.

What if we are… what if the whole world are different… some believers pray 5 times a day in a mosque, the others go to church every Sunday, not far away people come to temple for blessing…the rest believe in no God! Whilst in some hidden parts out there a belief is left unexplained. And is it really that different? When all those beliefs worship God, prosperity and peace on earth.

Is it mistaken to be (out of) normal? Can you explain which is normal when diversity and mixture are essence in the life of every human being…

As the little boy sang Garuda Indonesia (Indonesia’s anthem) while raising his hand for honor, I took one last picture of him before we left. After finishing his stutter singing, he grabbed me by the hand, “kke… ssiin..ni..laagi… yaa..(come again please)” he stammered.

And I kissed him goodbye. I will little fellow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment